terça-feira, 29 de abril de 2008

"19 June 1923--I want to give life and death, sanity and insanity; I want to criticize the social system, and to show it at work at its most intense. . . . Am I writing The Hours from deep emotion? Of course themad part tries me so much, makes my mind squirt so badly that I can hardlyface spending the next weeks at it. It's a question though of these characters. People, like Arnold Bennett say I can't create, or didn't in Jacob’s Room, characters that survive. My answer is--but I leave that to the Nation; its only the old argument that character is dissipated into shreds now; the old post-Dostoievsky argument. I daresay it's true, however, that I haven’t that "reality" gift. I insubstantise, wilfully tosome extent, distrusing reality--its cheapness. But to get further. HaveI the power of conveying the true reality? Or do I write essays about myself?"
Virginia Wolf

Sem comentários: