sexta-feira, 8 de maio de 2009

It was a very good year

When I was seventeen / It was a very good year / It was a very good year for small town girls / And soft summer nights / Wed hide from the lights / On the village green / When I was seventeen/ /When I was twenty-one / It was a very good year / It was a very good year for city girls / Who lived up the stair / With all that perfumed hair / And it came undone / When I was twenty-one / When I was thirty-five / It was a very good year / It was a very good year for blue-blooded girls / Of independent means / Wed ride in limousines / Their chauffeurs would drive / When I was thirty-five / But now the days grow short / Im in the autumn of the year / And now I think of my life as vintage wine>from fine old kegs>from the brim to the dregs / And it poured sweet and clear / It was a very good year / It was a mess of good years ( performed by Statler and Waldorf, from their box, 78º episode)
"It Was a Very Good Year" is a song composed by Ervin Drake in 1961 and subsequently made famous by Frank Sinatra. His version won the Grammy Award for Best Vocal " - in September of My Years

Sem comentários: